About the International Student Visa Program (ISVP)
Immerse yourself in American culture and language with the most celebrated dance community in the world! Join dancers from around the globe and experience the vitality of New York City, the dance capital of the world.
Choose a program of 3 months, 6 months or 1 year of intensive study with
the option to extend
Each week, choose 12 classes from an enormous variety of classes (more
than any other school in NYC). Choices include classes in Ballet (course requirement
of two ballet classes per week), Jazz, Lyrical Jazz, Contemporary Jazz, Musical Theatre,
Funk, Hip-Hop, Breakin, African, Tap, Voice, Stretch, Pilates, Yoga and more.
Classes are for students at levels Basic through Advanced.
Design your own program and chart your progress with the help of a
Develop relationships with your teachers through ongoing Faculty
Mentoring and during Teacher Meetings, one-on-one sessions where your
teachers provide you with personal evaluations and commentary.
Our Faculty (over 90 teachers) are world-renowned teachers and
choreographers who offer cutting-edge to classical styles of instruction
Your program will consist of classes selected from our open-class schedule, so that you have the opportunity to dance alongside New York dancers, and supplementary ISVP-only classes provided to increase your knowledge and focus on your goals. Your studies will amount to at least 18 mandatory hours of classes a week, not including rehearsals.
Monthly Master Classes or Performance Project included, with free
rehearsal space offered to those performing.
Nurturing full-time staff on hand to help guide your studies.
State-of-the-art studios in the heart of the Broadway Theater District.
Once accepted, students may arrive in the US up to 30 days prior to the start of the program and remain in the US for 30 days following the end date of the program.
Program is for students 18-27, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for possible exceptions.
For advanced-level international dancers looking for a program that will prepare them for a career as a professional artist, please consider our ISVP Professional Semester.
Applications may be submitted no sooner than six months prior to the Start Date requested, and Start Dates and Application Deadlines are as follows:
|Start Date||Application Deadline||End Dates|
|3 Month||6 Month||1 Year|
There are two way to complete the application form.
Download the PDF version
(PDF allows you to view your form electronically and print them on most computers.
The freely available Adobe Acrobat reader is required to view and print PDF files.)
You must include the following in your application:
- A completed ISVP Application Form.
- U.S. Government requires a current personal bank statement to show sufficient funds to cover tuition and living expenses while studying at Broadway Dance Center, or a letter of financial support and a copy of the supporter’s bank statement — documents must be written in English. This is NOT the tuition — you do not have to PAY this amount, you must only SHOW it in a bank statement. View Tuition Amounts.
• $6,000 for three months
• $12,000 for six months
• $24,000 for 1 year
- Dance résumé detailing previous training and performance experience.
- Two or more professional or personal dance photos that best demonstrate your technical ability and strongest style.
- Short essay (one full type-written page, no more or less) stating your dance goals and specifically how you plan to pursue them during your studies at BDC.
- A copy of your valid passport.
- A completed ISVP Health Form signed and stamped by your physician.
- A $250 (non-refundable) application fee payable by wire transfer, credit card, money order, or travelers checks in U.S. dollars (please email email@example.com for instructions).
Please make sure your application is complete BEFORE you send it in — incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Please mail your completed application and payment to:
Broadway Dance Center
Attn: ISVP Administrator
322 West 45th Street, 3rd Floor
New York, New York 10036 USA
Or, Documents may be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Faxed applications will not be accepted
Broadway Dance Center will notify you via email upon acceptance — you must have a valid email address.
After BDC Receives Your Application
- BDC will notify you of your acceptance by email — please write your email address clearly on your application. Please do not make your appointment at the embassy until you have been accepted into the program.
- Half the tuition is due at that time.
- Once half your tuition has been received, BDC will issue your I-20 Certificate of Eligibility. The I-20 IS NOT THE VISA. Students must contact the US Embassy in their home country to make an appointment to apply for the M-1 VISA. You may ONLY participate in the International Student Visa Program if you enter the US on the BDC M-1 visa — by law you may not participate in the program using a tourist visa.
- The balance of your tuition is due before the start of classes
- Please note that if accepted, you must arrive in New York ONE WEEK before the start of your program.
Traveler's Medical Insurance is MANDATORY. Before starting the program, you must provide proof of your own traveler's medical insurance -- you do not need to include this proof of insurance in your application packet, but must have valid insurance before starting the program. BDC does not provide medical insurance but we can assist by directing you to CareMed International Travel Insurance: www.CareMed-Travel.com. BDC is not responsible for injuries or illness incurred during your program, so it is imperative that as an ISVP student you carry medical insurance before you begin and during your course of study with Broadway Dance Center.
|Program Length||Vacation Period||Tuition Amount|
|3 months||No vacation||$2,550|
|6 months||One week vacation||$4,650|
|1 Year||Two weeks vacation||$8,950|
|There is a $100 administrative fee to extend your program.
Tuition rates subject to change.
- Students able to consistently complete their 12 classes per week who would like to take additional classes may do so at a discounted rate per class.
- No vacations will be granted until the student has been enrolled in the program for longer than three months.
- Vacations must be taken in one week increments.
Please note: There is an additional fee of $200.00 payable to the U.S. Government Student Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) for all M-1 applicants. This fee must be paid prior to obtaining the M-1 visa, and instructions on how to pay this fee will be included in your I-20 Acceptance Packet.
Methods of Payment
- Please email us for wire transfer information at email@example.com
- We also accept credit cards (MasterCard or Visa), Money Orders or Traveler's Checks made out in U.S. dollars for tuition payments.
A student whose application is refused by Immigration will receive a refund for all tuition paid, except application fees and some processing fees. A student requesting a refund must return the original I-20 and a copy of the letter from the U.S. Embassy or other proof stating reason of denial.
No refunds will be given for any absences not made up during period of study.
- Broadway Dance Center will consider applications from M-1 and F-1 transfer students.
- If you are currently in the United States on an M-1 visa, you would be considered a Transfer Student, as our program is an M-1 course. If you are currently in the US on an F-1 visa, you would be considered a Change of Status Student. These two processes are quite different.
- Students wishing to transfer to Broadway Dance Center’s ISVP must arrange an interview and audition with Program Administrators. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange the audition.
- Please bring your current I-20 and visa with you to the interview.
- Further instructions will be given should your case be accepted.