Urban Dance League
Urban Dance League (U.D.L.) is a professional sports league of organized street-dance classes, competitions and shows. Created by BDC Faculty Member Ant Boogie. U.D.L. Is the first BDC program focused around street-dance.
Be a team member!
- U.D.L. has four (4) seasons per year: Jan-Mar, Apr-Jun, Jul-Sep, Oct-Dec.
- Auditions are held at the start of each season.
- If selected, you have the option of joining a team by paying the League fee ($225).
- For dancers ages 13+
Past UDL Games
- Weekly rehearsals with specialized coaching
- Name and team photo listed on U.D.L and BDC webpages
- Performance footage from classes and games featured on U.D.L. YouTube channel
- Guest performance opportunities through U.D.L.
- Exposure to industry professionals and networking opportunities
- 2 Games at BDC
- Each member of the winning team of the BDC games will be awarded 1 GUEST PASS that can be redeemed for a U.D.L. drop-In class.
- 1 Game at Highline Ballroom
- Each member of the winning team of the Highline Ballroom game will be awarded 1 GUEST PASS that can be redeemed for any class from BDC’s drop-in schedule.
- UDL Team Tee
- Chance to earn M.V.D. Award (“Most Valuable Dancer”) and U.D.L. Scholarship
- $225 per season, which includes t-shirt, rehearsals, coaching, exposure and performance opportunities within the season.
- Once you become a member, you don’t have to re-audition to join the league. You only need to pay your league fee to continue your membership.
- DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- U.D.L. drop-in classes at BDC. Official U.D.L. members are expected to take a minimum of one (1) U.D.L. drop-in class per week to learn the Game choreography and improve your technique.
M.V.D. (“Most Valuable Dancer”) & U.D.L. Scholarship
Based on performance in class, at rehearsals, and at games, one U.D.L. dancer will be awarded the title of M.V.D. each season. The M.V.D. receives:
- U.D.L. Scholarship waiving your League fee for the following season
- Profile featured on U.D.L. page on BDC website and U.D.L. webpage
- Opportunity to become Team Captain for their designated team
- Students who have registered and paid for U.D.L. but decide not to continue are entitled to a refund less a $25 administrative fee ONLY after the first 2 weeks.
- The last date for refunds (less the $25 admin fee) for the July-September season is July 18, 2014. NO refunds will be given after this date.
- If you are suspended from the league for any reason at any point during the season, NO refund will be given.