S P O N S O R E D E V E N T
Broaday Dance Center and Kurt Robinson present
The Full-Voice 30 Day Challenge
Register now! Sign-up is Free!
Challenge starts May 1, 2011
BECOME THE PERFORMER YOU ASPIRE TO BE…IN 30 DAYS!
BDC and Creative Director Kurt Robinson challenge you to a rigorous thirty days of activities to transform your voice, body, and soul – join us May 1st to embark on a journey to release your inner triple threat. Whether you're a dancer hoping to develop your singing chops or an established singer wanting to take your work to the next level and expand your dancing prowess, this powerful program will provide the structure to support your success.
Sing out, New York City!
30 Daily Practice Sessions
30 min - 1 hour of practice each day for a month; miss ONE day and you're out! These sessions may be held anywhere you can practice – special rates on practice rooms may be available. Fill out and submit the provided daily practice report.
4 Private Voice Lessons
Four one-hour private voice lessons with a professional voice teacher of your choosing; photo or video “sign-off” with teacher taken at each session and posted to your challenge blog and Facebook for credit. Purchase a single lesson or package
2 Coaching Sessions
Two 30 min - 1 hour coaching sessions with a professional accompanist or your choosing, which should focus on memorization, musicality, and communicative expression.
1 Live Vocal Performance
YOU sing one solo live! Must be prepared and planned; karaoke with your friends doesn't count, but an evening of song with your friends and invited guests does! Think School Productions, Community Theater, Church Performances, Recitals, Cabarets etc. but you must sing at least one song live! Submit a program or photo/video from the event.
1 Live Performance
Get out and see an inspiring vocal performance! Submit a ticket stub and program.
1 Live NY Industry Audition
Prepare for and attend a real audition for the Broadway or Commercial circuit. Submit a copy of the breakdown.
1 New Demo Recording
Learn a new song, master it, record it and post to YouTube.
*Photo/video proof of each event above must be posted to your Challenge Blog and Facebook for credit.
25 Health-Conscious Meals
Take a snapshot of each leafy-green-laden meal and post to your Challenge Blog.
20 Energizing Dance or Body-Conditioning Classes at Broadway Dance Center
Work out that body as well as your voice! Log the classes on your blog and we will check them at BDC. Purchase a 10-Class Card
- 5 Charitable Deeds
Pay it Forward! Put your brilliant artistic minds to work and find ways to inspire and help those within your artistic or local community. Must be documented (photo/video) and blogged about for review by the Challenge Committee and your fellow challengers!
REGISTER TO WIN! SIGN UP IS FREE!
"Like" our page on Facebook
RSVP to the 30-day challenge event on our page
Tell the World about your endeavor! – Post your goals and intentions on your facebook wall prior to day 1 of the challenge. Tag our page in your post.
Enlist friends, family members, or colleagues to act as your support group for when the going gets tough.
Create a “Challenge Blog” at www.blogspot.com! This is where you will detail your experience and be held accountable for each day and requirement of the 30-day challenge. To make it through to the end, update daily and share your progress via your Facebook page. Tag us in your post so we can track it via the Full-Voice page wall.
BOUNTEOUS PRIZES and POWERHOUSE PIPES await those intrepid enough to finish!
Prizes awarded based on merit, talent, and adherence to program requirements.
- Interview with Bloc Agency at their New York Office
- Career Consultation with independant producer Nikole Vallins
- The Tituss Burgess Prize - One on One Vocal Coaching with Broadway Star Tituss Burgess; Record a professional demo of a brand new single written and released by Tituss Burgess.
- Agency Representation Interviews and Record Label Interviews for promising talent
- Manhattan School of Music Summer Voice Festival Scholarship
- DanceMedia prize pack, featuring 1 year subscriptions to Dance Magazine, Dance Spirit, Pointe, and a 2010/11 College Guide
- MTPP Scholarship ($895 Value)
- Tour of Daddys House Studios: Recording studio responsible for hits by artists Notorious B.I.G., Dirty Money, Carl Thomas, Faith Evans and more!
- Headshot Session with dirty sugar photography
- 5 FREE Seminars at Actors Connection
- 3-hour Recording Session at Moon Lab Studios
- Convention Scholarship to any PULSE on Tour Regional convention—2011-2012 season ($220 value)
- BDC 10-Class Card ($160 Value)
- And more!
- Three-month gift certificate to Gold's Gym
- 2 Stage Door tour tickets to Radio City Music Hall
- And more!